Current Slide

Small screen detected. You are viewing the mobile version of SlideWiki. If you wish to edit slides you will need to use a larger device.

Evaluating Classifier Accuracy: Bootstrap

  • Bootstrap
    • Works well with small data sets
    • Samples the given training tuples uniformly with replacement
      • i.e., each time a tuple is selected, it is equally likely to be selected again and re-added to the training set
  • Several bootstrap methods, and a common one is .632 boostrap
    • A data set with d tuples is sampled d times, with replacement, resulting in a training set of d samples. The data tuples that did not make it into the training set end up forming the test set. About 63.2% of the original data end up in the bootstrap, and the remaining 36.8% form the test set (since (1 – 1/d)d ≈ e-1 = 0.368)
    • Repeat the sampling procedure k times, overall accuracy of the model:

\[Acc(M)=\frac{1}{k}\sum_{i=1}^{k}(0.632 \times Acc(M_{i})_{test-set}+0.368 \times Acc(M_{i})_{train-set})\]


Speaker notes:

Content Tools

Sources

There are currently no sources for this slide.