- The Dublin Core metadata element set is a standard for cross-domain information resource description.
- An architecture and abstract model that can be used to develop application profiles to describe resources in a machine processable manner.
- 15 elements or attribute-value pairs – “simple DC”
- 55 elements or attribute-value pairs – “qualified DC”
- Elements may be displayed in any order
- International in scope
Annotations are used in the definition of WSMO elements (reuse of Dublin Core metadata elements)
WSMO element has an attached set of annotations